A significant part of the renovation will upgrade the building’s infrastructure. These improvements will create a library that meets the changing needs of a 21st-century city.
● The renovation will upgrade the building’s electrical, HVAC and sprinkler systems, preserving and protecting the historic building with a safer infrastructure.
● The current heating, ventilation, and air conditioning are old, in constant need of repair, and environmentally hazardous.
● Upgrading now will end soaring repair costs and cost less in the long run.
● It is most cost-effective and efficient to upgrade these systems while the building is closed for a complete renovation.
● These improvements will maintain the building’s heritage and rich culture, while fully aligning with Kingston’s Climate Smart Plan 2030 for energy and environmental sustainability.
JUST SOME OF OUR CURRENT, ANTIQUATED SYSTEMS: